Saturday, October 16, 2010

Plans being made

Gail and I will be heading to Belize early in the morning of November 1st.  There are a ton of things that have to be done before we go--take care of the mail, arrange for the utilities, get our renters all set up in case something happens, etc. 
Most important of all is what to do with our dog Teddy.  My granddaughter Caitlan is going to watch him.  Shelly told her that if we couldn't find a place for him we would have to put him to sleep.  Caitlan said that when he woke up he could come to live with them.  When Shelly explained he would not wake up she was devastated and convinced her parents to take him in and take care of him. 
We are trying to open a bank account in Belize before we go so we will have funds available when we get there.  Not sure that is going to happen.  We have to call the credit card companies so they don't freeze our cards when they see transactions coming from Belize and think someone is using them besides us.
We have a friend taking us to a hotel at the airport the day before we leave so we don't have to worry about transportation so early the day we leave.  I can also turn off the water since the POA will probably not get to it for several days.  The hotel will take us to the airport.
We have also been thinking about packing our suitcases.  I guess I am the worst at this.  We are allowed two suitcases at 50 pounds each.  I really want to take some paints and canvases so I am weighing my paints and finding canvases that fit into my suitcases.  It is apparently very hard to find canvases in Belize and paint colors are very limited.  The last time we took some liquids like this the tops popped off and we had Sea Breeze all over our clothes.  So, I am taping all of my paints closed and putting them in plastic bags.
And, of course, we have to say goodbye to all of our friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment