Monday, October 25, 2010

Stormy Weather

In one week we leave for Belize.
Today there is a hurricane passing over Ambergris Caye--Richard.  There is a lot of rain, and wind up to 90 miles per hour.  Of course it will be gone by the time we arrive but I am sure we will see the results of the storm.  We saw pictures from the last time a storm passed close by--the beaches were littered with debris.  There were coconuts everywhere.
We spent time yesterday geting things in order to pack.  Gail has a list for everything!  I just sent her a picture I found on the internet of a grocery store on Ambergris Caye that shows how complete the availability of a lot of things is going to be--especialy booze.  But she is packing a "first aid" kit just in case.  We have heard that things are more expensive because it is an island so we are taking some essenials that are probably cheaper here--extra toothpaste, sun screen, etc.
I weighed my small suitcase that I have already packed--42 pounds.  It does have all of my paints in it though.  We are allowed two suitcases at a max of 50 pounds each.  I think we do have to pay extra for the second suitcase though.
Teddy goes to the vet today to get his shots and annual physical.  Shelly came over yesterday and I think we are good on her taking care of Teddy while we are gone.  It is going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment