Monday, December 20, 2010

Caye Caulker

Several days ago six of us went by boat to a small island about ten miles from here called Caye (prounced "Key") Caulker.  It was wonderful in so many ways. There was so much to see I am going to have to take a couple days to show you what it is like.  I took so many pictures I am afraid it is going to overload my computer.
We left late morning from Ambergris Caye but it is only about a half hour boat ride to Caye Caulker.  It was a beautiful day.  This is Gail waiting on our boat.

We arrived, left the boat, and started down main street.
One of the first things we saw was a traveling “Tupper Ware Party”.

I think this sign describes the mentality of the island—Happy Hour lasts until everybody is happy!!!

Everybody was having a “deal” on either food or their wares.



I really liked this Pizza parlor.
The “mascot” was hand carved.
Just off main street you get an idea of the beauty of this island.


This place was so beautiful.  We spent the whole day there and I am definitely going to go back.  I will show you more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment